2020 – 2022 Training Course
Students who complete all weekends and assessments successfully will receive the SSYT Diploma in Yoga Therapy which is registered with The Independent Yoga Network (IYN). SSYT yoga therapists can be included on the Yoga Register and obtain insurance through IYN.
The course is designed within the framework of the koshas and other yoga energy systems. It is underpinned by the yogic principles of ahimsa, satya and svadhyaya. Our main focus is to view each person as an individual and to treat the person, not the condition.
SSYT yoga therapists will work holistically and be informed in their practice from
- their philosophical understanding and practice of yoga and meditation
- an ability to draw on their intuitive wisdom through their regular practice, especially their meditation practice
- Dr Pillai’s system of breath kriyas and pranayama
- basic ayurvedic and marma principles
- massage/ body work techniques
- counselling skills
We will be revisiting western anatomy and physiology to place common ailments and conditions in an allopathic context as many of our clients will come with a label. The trainee yoga therapist already has a wealth of yoga practices they can draw on when designing yoga therapy programmes for either 1:1 clients or small specialised groups. We will build on these and inspire confidence in each trainee to begin working individually with clients in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Residentials at Netherurd, near West Linton EH46 7AQ.
- Non residential weekends at the Yoga Mill, Galashiels TD1 3AF
7th -10th August Residential
6th – 8th August Residential
Nov 2021 – March 2022
Completion of all case studies, homework and final assignment
- All non-residential weekends including course notes and powerpoints
- residential weekends (including accommodation and food)
- All assessment support and marking
- 4 x 3 session case studies and 3 x 5 session case studies
- Final assignment
- On-going support and mentoring
Deposit of £500 by 31st March 2020 secures a place. (Non returnable after 1st May 20)
Payment can then be made in one lump sum or by instalments:
- £1000 by 1st July 2020
- £850 by 31stDecember 2020
- £500 by 1stMay 2021